About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm Ms.Carney and welcome to my elementary art blog! I hope you have fun exploring the lovely artwork! Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Drawing with Scissors - 4th grade!

In 4th grade, we talked about Henri Matisse and how he used collage techniques and scissors to cut out different shapes to create a piece of art! My students really loved the idea of getting to be spontaneous with lots of different and unique papers and a pair of scissors!


This one is awesome because this student made theirs into a low-relief paper sculpture and it turned out great!!!!

I had a decent collection of old scrapbook papers of some that I had gathered myself and some I was able to get from the Center for Recycled Art Teacher Warehouse. They have a sale once a month for educators to come and explore all of their recycled materials. Each paper bag full is only $5! Whatever you can get in the paper bag, you get for just $5! It was a really great experience and I cant wait until the next sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment