About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm Ms.Carney and welcome to my elementary art blog! I hope you have fun exploring the lovely artwork! Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

There's No Place Like Space! - 3rd Grade

So, our 3rd graders are currently learning about the solar system in science and I came across this wonderful project idea from What's Happening in the Art Room? . It was our first experience using my brand-new liquid watercolor paints! The kids loved how all the colors would smudge together and still keep their original hues, it was awesome! Then, they got to splatter paint their space background using white paint in a spray bottle! So much fun! And the cherry on the sundae was getting to put their very own face in the space suit of the astronaut!

Here's the example from WHITAR:

Here's what my students created:


(the blobs over the faces are just to follow our photograph rules, but I assure you, they look great!)

I think the overall favorite part might have been cutting up all of the "space junk" and gluing it on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment