About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm Ms.Carney and welcome to my elementary art blog! I hope you have fun exploring the lovely artwork! Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Angry Bird Pop Art Plushies - 5th Grade!

For the past couple of weeks, our 5th graders have been working on a very exciting project: Angry Bird Plushies!!!! There are so many awesome contemporary pop artists out there who create plushies, and so I thought it was about time that we made our own too! I found this amazing idea on an art educator's blog, but I couldnt find it again to give credit where credit is due! So if this was your idea, let me know and I will for sure give you all the credit! ;)

Our students started out by cutting their pieces from felt, then sewing them together. Then, they cut out all of the features from felt as well, glued them on, stuffed it with stuffing, and then finally sewed their plushie closed! Here's how they turned out:







Of course, the girls made there's fabulous and sassy with bows!!! They turned out just great! I just love sewing projects!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE these! What a fun idea .. they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete