About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm Ms.Carney and welcome to my elementary art blog! I hope you have fun exploring the lovely artwork! Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Picasso Number Face!

Right now at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston, they have a WONDERFUL Picasso exhibit called "Picasso Black and White". It features a bunch of his monochromatic pieces over his career including paintings and sculptures. They do a wonderful night once a month called "Evening for Educators" where art teachers get to come to the exhibit, look around, go on guided tours, and listen to featured lectures! Its awesome! At one of the little break out sessions, they taught us how to draw the human face in the style of Picasso using numbers, and of course, I had to bring it back and try it with our kiddos!

So, here's how we get started!:


First, we have to draw in our numbers all connected together. Try to get up to 12!



Then, you can add in eyes, nostrils, eyelashes, eyebrows, whatever you want!



Here's a student example!


And of course, my favorite: COLOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment