About Me

My photo
Hey there! I'm Ms.Carney and welcome to my elementary art blog! I hope you have fun exploring the lovely artwork! Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for stopping by!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Grumpy Cat Animal Portraits! 4th and 5th Grade!

Hello again! For the past couple of weeks, our 4th and 5th graders have been learning about animal portraiture! For our project, the students drew a portrait of Grumpy Cat. Now, if you dont know who Grumpy Cat is, this is what he looks like:


He is has become an internet sensation! And as you can see, he just naturally looks grumpy! So, we started off with pencil sketches and used a black oil pastel to add some definition and shadows, like this:


Then, the students were given red and orange paint for the background. They were able to use the paint however they wanted, in whatever design they chose. These are the awesome results!





Great Job, 4th and 5th Grade!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment